.

Playing. Doctor.

Sometimes you wake up in the morning and you realize that everything everyone else around you is saying is just completely wrong.

Because at the end of the day, you are the one who knows you best. You are the one who knows your mind. You are the one who knows your body.

So, yesterday morning, after being truly fed up with my breathing, I called the ENT in Grand Rapids who first diagnosed me with Wegener's. I told him about my breathing troubles, and he fit me in right away...even though, uh, the wait list to see this guy is 4.2 miles long.

I heart him.

Anyways, he simply told me that he disagrees with my doctor in Cleveland. He thinks we should attempt to open my airway some more because (1) he can, and (2) it will improve my quality of life.

Amen!

We also talked about reconstructing my trach scar site so that it isn't quite so horrendous, but we're going to hold off on that for now. Your body apparently doesn't heal as well while you're on Prednisone, so I think I'd rather wait for that time in my life when I have the best chance of this thing healing into something that almost no one ever notices. That will probably be sometime in the year 2012.

So yeah, surgery it is! On my throat, anyways.

I can't wait.

October 26th, sometime in the afternoon.

It's a Tuesday.

And it's 17 days away.

Have I mentioned I'm excited?

I will be able to breathe again for the first time in what seems like a year. 

Oh wait.

It has been a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment