.

Worst. Blogger. Evah.

You know, there once was a time when I would update my blahg sometimes two or three times a day. I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted anything...yikes.

I'm not really sure why my incessant need to document my thoughts has subsided a bit over these past months. Maybe it's the times. Maybe it's the pregnancy. Maybe I just have too damn much going on already, lol. Either way, I thought this morning would be a perfect time to update you all on the Jeters, throw in some pictures of that kid I like to call "my favorite monkey," and who knows what else.

Either way, this blahg entry is destined to be replete with spelling errors because I went and got a full set of acrylics yesterday and they're too long. So. There you go.

Photography update.
I think the photography gods are trying to prepare me as best as they can for my own newborn pictures of baby Charlotte.

I should probably pause here and clear the confusion - yes, baby Charlotte is the name of the baby in my ute. Charlotte Rae, to be exact. It's ok if you're in love with the name...we are, too.

Anyways, as I was saying - when she arrives, I will obviously be taking a day (or 12) to do her own newborn photos. Since newborns aren't exactly my strong suit, I had considered maybe even hiring someone. But that's just silly. Over the past weeks (and in the coming weeks), it seems as though my only sessions on the books have been newborns. I have another one coming to the studio tomorrow! So it's been awesome practice.


This little guy actually belongs to my friend, Pam. I'll post her favorite birth pic first, and then you can see his handsome face. Oh man, I am so in love with him. He's awesome. I hope my own baby is this cute, lol.



Next weekend I am traveling to Washington, D.C., for several family photo shoots and when I come back I have two engagement shoots, a birth, a couple newborns, and several toddler sessions lined up. 'Tis the season for pictures. :)


Thaddeus update.
My child is an exact clone of his dad...in every way possible. Yes, they look alike. Well, I mean, I think they do. I don't really see it, but everyone else in the world seems to. Every now and then I catch a glimpse of Tom in a photo I've taken of Thad. For instance, this one:

This is not a look you really want to get from my husband. It a combination of a fake smile and a, "Really!?" Lol.

Aside from that, Thad also seems to be following in his dad's footsteps when it comes to his thoughts on school. Dear GOD, I hope this changes, but so far...ugh.

Me: "Thad, are you sad school is over?"

Thad: "No. I hate school."

Who in the heck hates preschool!? It only gets worse from here, unbeknownst to him. But yeah. Next year, he'll be in pre-K at a new school. I am sad to put him into a new school where he won't know anyone, but I'm also excited for this school. I've heard wonderful things about it, and it will be a far cry from where he was. He will be in school five days a week, from about 9 to 4. So there will be some huge changes!

But, now that summer break is here, we've been taking advantage of the nice weather. Oh, Lake Michigan. I will so miss this place when we get out of this state. It's the only thing I'll miss, but I'll miss it nonetheless.







Other than at the beach, Thad spends his days in the summer riding bikes and running thru sprinklers with the neighbor kids, driving Tom and me crazy asking for popsicles every 3.7 seconds, and catering to my every need to document my child on camera.

This picture was taken on a trip to Ohio with some friends of mine. Thad found his first little lady love. 


And here, he was just a victim of me trying to get a picture of him going underwater. It didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but I love it just the same.


Charlotte update.
As I mentioned before, the baby in my ute is doing great. We got to see her on ultrasound a couple days ago, and she's growing right along. She is a little over two pounds - closer to three - and she lays sideways in my belly, often with her feet up by her head. Total weirdo.

She kicks with the force of a thousand ninjas. I can't even imagine what it will be like when she's like, eight pounds and still inside me. I feel like I should take out better insurance to cover the cost of my cracked ribs and deflated lungs. Thad was so chill in my belly...Charlotte has been the opposite, thus far.

She's also been the opposite for pregnancy in general.

With Thad, I had no acne. My skin was awesome. My hair growth was akin to Rapunzel. I was comfortable. I slept thru the night. I never complained. I never had swelling.

No wonder I wanted another baby.

This time around, my T-Zone resembles that of a teenager. I swear, I am constantly battling new zits. My skin hasn't changed, and my hair growth is still pretty fab. But I am not comfortable, ever. I don't sleep thru the night - we don't manage to get to bed until midnight, sometimes later, and I'm up a few hours later - wide awake - every night, until around 7, when I finally manage to fall back to sleep.

I complain all the time. Ask my husband. He'll tell you.

Oh, and I am a swollen, swollen human being. My ankles are typically cankles by noontime. It's sad, really.

I remember, when I was pregnant with Thad, that I wasn't really ready for my time being pregnant to end. Of course I wanted to meet my baby, but it was just so wonderful being able to feel his kicks inside of me, and be in such a natural state.

This time? Homegirl needs to hurry up and grow, and then move on out. I'm ready. Lol.


Update on Tom.
There really isn't a whole lot to report here.

I will take the time to say, however, that he has been such a wonderful, caring, phenomenal partner in crime - especially in these past few months. He literally waits on me hand and foot. He is my protector. He is my grocery carrier. He is my rock. I would have gone crazy awhile ago had it not been for him, keeping me grounded. And the simple fact that he even puts up with my craziness at all earns him "Husband of the Year."

Last night he took Thad and I out on what was quite possibly the first night out we've had in over a month. It was a very romantic evening of Carraba's...and Madagascar 3. Lol.

Real men watch Dreamworks.


Update on me.
I am officially 29 weeks and, like clockwork, that third trimester exhaustion has set in. It usually hits right around 4pm, where I'm suddenly unable to remember my name or what I'm doing. All I want to do is lay down and sleep forever. Instead, I push thru "the witching hour" and by the time Thad is in bed, I've usually got my second wind.

School is school. I still hate it. But whatever. My last exam is August 15, and I graduate September 23. So It's almost over.

Must.

Keep.

Pushing.

I am not teaching at ITT this summer, so my days have become pretty relaxed. Photography keeps my pretty busy, but it's nice having more time with Thad and Tom. There was a short window of time where I was literally gone every single night with some sort of school, photography, or work function and I hated it. It's nice not having to deal with that third aspect of my life.


Other updates.
We are leaving for Virginia on Tuesday to see Tom's family. I'm excited to see everyone, and spend several days relaxing. Thad keeps talking about his excitement over seeing Uncle Bruce and swimming in his pool. He starts his third round of swim lessons on Monday, so I hope he is able to relax and have more fun around water.

Once we get back from Virginia, we have a couple weeks before our anniversary. There isn't anything planned, but the day after we leave for Colorado. I'm excited to spend the 4th of July out there, and have a nice week in the Colorado summer air.

My baby shower is that week in Colorado as well, and I can't wait to see some of my friends and my mom's friends! It's been far too long without having seen some of these people.

After Colorado, we resume our normal lives for just a few short weeks...and then we have a baby.

Holy shit.

And then we have a baby.

So yeah, that's the update. I just got a little stressed with that last part, lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment