.

Happy 1-week, baby girl!

Well, technically she's 8 days old in this photo...but I've never really been a stickler for minor details.

Charlotte celebrated her first whole week of life by gaining just enough weight to be admitted into the "Four Pound Club." She's getting huge, I tell ya. ;)

She is also continuing to practice the suck/swallow/breathe technique, and a couple times a day she will stay awake just long enough to take about 15mL of breast milk from a bottle. Again, the doctor has been pretty impressed with this since most babies don't even begin to show interest in feeding for themselves until 34 weeks (Charlotte is only 33). He even labeled her "advanced," which gives me renewed hope that she is going to bust out of the NICU far earlier than most textbooks suggest.

Home girl loves to poop. I swear it's her favorite thing to do. Well, not that it's her favorite thing to do - but I think she gets secret joy when Tom or I change her diaper because she always - ALWAYS - poops again immediately after, or in the middle of the change. Yesterday, I witnessed poop fly across the incubator right before I was about to secure her new diaper.

Stinker.

Tom calls her his little scrappy girl, or scrappy doo.

I still call her my favorite little kangaroo.

To mark her first week, I took a camera to the NICU and got some photos of her sleeping, hanging out, being measured, etc.

These were some of my favorites. :)








The past few nights I have found myself at the hospital well past midnight, and it's really wearing me out. Obviously I am exhausted, but emotionally it has been draining simply because I haven't had the chance to spend hardly any time with Thaddeus at all. I am really anxious to start dividing my attention between my children when we're all in the same room together, lol. Until then, Tom has already left to visit with Charlotte for the morning, so Thad and I are going to have a "Mommy and Me" day until I head up there in the late afternoon.

Maybe we'll go see a movie and do lunch.

Either way, I'm anxious to spend time with my favorite little man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment