.

Updates.

Hi. My name is Katie and I am a really shitty blagher.

Sorry 'bout that.

It's been a crazy past few weeks, to say the least.

First my parents were here. Then we had final exams. Then Thad and I went to Colorado. Then we came back. Then my brother flew out from California. Then we had Thad's birthday party. Then Thad, my brother and I all flew out to California for a week. Then I came back. Then school started for me. Then school started for Thad. Then work started.

EXHALE.

See what I mean?

But I think I'm falling back into a routine.

I did get the chance to photograph my cousin's wedding, so that was pretty cool.


And when I came home, I got the chance to photograph my first live birth. Uh...super cool.


I had been waiting for so long to have the opportunity to photograph a birth, and the experience was just as amazing as I thought it would be.

For now, we are just winding up on our summer and getting ready to head into the freezing ass cold, known as Michigan winter. We've started foraging for food, storing canned items and collecting wood to burn in our stove.

Ok, none of the above is true. But I feel like it should be.

The leaves have started to change color, and while I am normally thrilled at all the beauty that comes with Fall, I have learned that Fall fades quickly and is followed by an unusually long winter. The thought of another 8 months inside, watching the snow drifts and dreaming of warmer weather is only slightly depressing.

And by slightly, I mean that I might end up screwing myself into the ceiling.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment