.

Adjusting. To. Change.


See? This hasn't been so tough, has it? 

So far, I'm diggin' the new layout. And no, none of the colors match, but that's what I love about it. It's fun. Imaginative. Eclectic. Completely out of the ordinary.

And, it's a reflection of me.

You see, a few years back, I was into every fashion trend you could think of. Expensive clothes. High heels. Fun colors, patterns and designs. Then, two things happened:

1. I had a baby.

2. I over-dosed on calories (thank you, Prednisone).

Now, patterns are not only a really bad idea, but they are forbidden. My closet houses mainly black and the occasional dress or skirt. It's sad, and it's not a reflection of who I am. But if I were to give in to my body type and just throw cares to the wind, then I would end up in a Lane Bryant magazine, fully dressed from head to toe in those lime green silk shirts and the jeans with the glitter on the ass that every. plus. sized. store. insists. on. carrying.

So, for now, I shall live vicariously through my blahg. 

And now, for lack of a better transition into this topic, I will just jump right in:

It occurred to me this morning that Thad is either going to grow up super-brainy like his dad, or super-nerdy like his dad mom.

While we were getting showers and baths this morning, Thad saw someone hanging a shelf on television. When they put a ball on the shelf to see if it would roll or not, Thad asked what they were doing.

My response? "Honey, they're going to see if the ball will roll to check if the shelf is level."

Tom's response? "They're using the ball to act as a level. You see, it's physics, buddy. If the ball rolls off, then gravity will pull it down, which means that the shelf is not level. A regular level has calibration and a bubble in the middle to tell us whether or not we need to make any adjustments."

Ok, ok. So maybe that wasn't Tom's exact answer. In fact, his answer was much lengthier, contained a lot bigger words, and was probably a lot more accurate.

But you get the idea.

Oy,

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I think you rock. Your new site is fabulous...just.like.you.

Erica Combs said...

What a nerd Tom is :) Very pretty site, Katie. Love it!!!

Nat said...

I love the new header ;) it looks great!

Katie said...

Thank you!

Post a Comment