.

A glimmer of light.

It's no secret that we've had some rough times around the Jeter household these days. Between the Bar exam, unemployment, health insurance and OB craziness, and Thad getting sick a few times, we could all use a break.

Anyways, remember how my shitty ass insurance doesn't cover pregnant women?

Well, my "high risk" pregnancy is projected to cost about $30,000. So yeah, insurance dodged a pretty nice bullet there.

However, I did just pick up my new prescription from the pharmacy.

Apparently I'm at a pretty high risk for blood clots while I'm pregnant, so the doctor has put me on injections - twice a day, into my stomach. Aside from the fact that it is totally ODD that I am injecting a chemical into my stomach...where there is a growing child...I noticed a little ditty. Something that made me smile, actually.

For a one month supply of this medication, the pamphlet says, "Your insurance saved you $4,500."

So take that number, and multiply it by the number of months left in my pregnancy.

Six.

There are six months left in my pregnancy.

Times 4,500.

So yeah, United Health Care. You can take that $27,000 and shove it right up your ass.

K. Thanks. Bye.

(Katie waves).

0 comments:

Post a Comment