.

Random thoughts.

I have one million things on my mind right now. And, for the first time in a long time, I'm alone at the computer. It's been a crazy stressful day, so maybe I just need to take these millions of things on my mind and leave them here.

I'll say it in advance...you're welcome. ;)

1. When you get pregnant, and everyone and their second cousin recommends that you eat throughout the day without ever skipping a meal, they aren't kidding. It has nothing to do with keeping the growing baby inside of you healthy. Well, maybe it does. But I'm convinced it doesn't. Instead, I think people tell you that because if you DO skip meals, that creature in your belly will just eat the first thing it finds...today, I think this baby ate half of my small intestine, and maybe a portion of my stomach.

Dear baby inside of me...I promise not to do that again, if you promise to stop eating my vital organs.

____________

2. I've heard a lot of buzz lately about how "video games are the reason why kids are fat."

Um, no.

Video games are not the reason kids are fat...parents are.  When you have children, parenting isn't just something you DO...it's a choice you make on a daily basis. When you don't parent your child, they start to make un-wise decisions. 

Thaddeus has several video games he likes to play on the Wii. First of all, it has helped a lot with his eye-hand coordination. Second of all, he only gets to play for 30 minutes a day. And if the weather is really nice, sometimes he doesn't get to play video games at all, unless he has been outside for at least a couple of hours.

Video games will never make my kid fat unless I allow them to. If it were up to him, he would play Monster Jam all day, every day. But no. I'm a parent, and I choose to make decisions for my child that will keep him healthy. 

Stop blaming electronics and start taking some accountability.

__________

3. Back in 2003, I had front row tickets to see David Gray in Houston. I never made it to that concert.

Today, I have front row tickets to see Miranda Lambert. Thanks to my job, I won't be making it to that concert, either.

I am oh for two.

__________

4. My family is currently living off my photography business.

It makes me incredibly proud to realize that I have come so far with this "hobby" - it's actually a legitimate living now. 

(P.S. - but it won't always be like this. Tom better get a fancy schmancy lawyer job SOON. Lol.)

__________

5. For all the time I have spent bitching about Michigan, I have to give mad props to the state over the last few weeks. 

Today, the high was 86.

In March.

It's been glorious.

__________

6. I dread calling AT&T and Netgear because I really hate talking to people named "Sam" from Sri Lanka.

__________

7. My boudoir tours for St. Louis, D.C. and North Carolina have all booked up. I've never really been to any of these places, and I'm stoked.

__________

8. My grandma is in the hospital. She could use some prayers. Please and thank you. :)

__________

9. I'm going to be closing out my 20s in about...oh, two weeks. OMFG. How did this happen?

__________

10. While I am incredibly thrilled to be having another baby, I have to say that sometimes I get a little sad when I think about "Thaddeus and Mommy" time coming to an end. It's been such a wonderful [almost] five years with this little guy...I'm so thankful for our bond.



0 comments:

Post a Comment