.

Catching up.

It's been almost two weeks since I've updated my blahg, so I suppose I should start off by apologizing to those of you - *cough* - Tonya - *cough* - who start your day with a bowl of breakfast, and a quick read of my insanely interesting life.

Second order of business - Happy Valentine's Day from the Monkey!


Tom and I went on our little Valentine's date last night, and it was nice to get away for a few hours. I honestly can't even remember the last time Tom and I had gone out on a date, although I suppose it was around Christmas time. It's so wonderful being able to kiss Thad goodnight, give the babysitter a wave, and head out for some good Italian food and a movie; just the two of us.

As far as everything else in this crazy life is concerned, we are doing well.

Photography is starting to move in a different direction, and that's exciting. I was recently in Chicago for a few shoots, and I am headed to Dallas soon for a boudoir marathon. In June, I am looking at potentially going to Vegas with the same idea in mind.

I've also reached a point in my business where my clientele is actually large enough that I see the importance of marketing and tweaking my professionalism.

I designed my own CD tri-fold cases to send to clients with the photos from their shoots, and am considering a digital welcome packet. I wish I could just have 5 straight, uninterrupted days to work on that stuff, but of course, I don't. Thus, it's a slow process getting it all done, but it's exciting to see how it's all coming along.

School is school. It sucks, and I hate it. But I'm almost finished. I just had a conversation with my mom the other day about graduation. That talk alone made everything seem so much more real. By this time next year, I will be studying for the Bar exam, and in just a few more months, Tom will actually be graduating. I feel like these last few years have gone by so fast, it's insane. The thought of it coming to an end is so, so scary, but so, so exciting.

I can't wait to move on with the next chapter of my life.

Thaddeus is...well...three years old. Need I say more?

We are having a tough time as of late with drastic mood swings. One minute, he is the sweetest little angel, wanting to cuddle on the couch and tell you that he loves you and that you're his best friend. The next minute, he grows a set of horns, he turns red, and all of a sudden you find yourself wondering if this is what hell will be like.

It's almost like a toddler version of bi-polar disorder. But, from everything I've heard and read, it's pretty normal.

And the best news? Apparently it gets much, much better when they turn 4.

So...the countdown begins. September 1 is but a few months away, and hopefully, like the click of a switch, these last two "terrible" years will be behind us.

Don't get me wrong - there's much more good than bad when it comes to being a parent. But there's a reason why people have pegged these years as some of the most difficult. It's like an insane test of my patience - especially when you tell your child to do something and he straight up looks at you, makes a face, and says, "No."

Um...what? Not the answer I was looking for.

But, we're working through it.

Everything else is pretty much the same, so I guess that means you've been properly updated.

The winter quarter at ITT is coming to a close, so I am getting very close to having 3 weeks off (hallelujah!). When the spring quarter begins, I will be teaching a couple new classes - one to include a composition class that I am so, so excited about - and it should make things pretty interesting.

Speaking of interesting, Thad's Valentine's Day party at school starts in 30 minutes so I'm off to help with that. He seems to enjoy acting up a bit more when his mom and dad are around - I guess he's trying to show off? - so it should make for some fun times at school. Lol.

Maybe I'll update on that later...

...if I survive...

1 comments:

Tonya said...

I always love a good shout out!;)
Happy Valentine's Day my beautiful friend!!!!!:):):)

Post a Comment