.

Hiatus.

I feel like I've been absent from my blahg for awhile now, even though it's only been about 5 days.

I've been pretty consumed with final exams this quarter, especially since they are randomly intermingled with the classes that I am teaching (two of the three I am teaching are first-time classes for me, so it means several hours working on lesson plans).

Anyways, with Week 9 at ITT behind me, and only one more exam at Cooley, I figured I'd take a few hours this afternoon to hang out with the husband, go to lunch somewhere nice, and - of course - play around with the lens I just rented.


I am already in love with this lens, which is troublesome since it costs more than I would be willing to spend on the adoption of a small child. But, I can rent it for less than a tenth of the cost, so it'll have to do for now.

As a photographer, the effect is very obvious to me. I am too naive to know whether the "untrained" eye can see it, but I am pretty sure most people can. I thought it would be awesome to take this to Yellowstone next week with my mom and Thad.

I have visions of geysers dancing in my head, all miniature like and distorted.

This is the random shit I think about, people.

Anyways, I've got a few other things in the mix as well right now.

I've decided to start a new project, the title of which I am still thinking about. But in essence, my goal is to take pictures of men and women, people I know and people I don't, mostly in black and white - with the physical characteristic that they hate most about themselves being accentuated.

For instance, I hate my trach scar more than anything. So if I were to take a photo of myself, it would be taken in such a way, wearing such an outfit, that your attention would immediately be drawn to the one thing I hate the most. But, the picture will (hopefully) still be beautiful - thus, the message.

Beauty in the ugly. Or something like that.

I've also started writing. None of the things I have put to paper have been published, and I am still considering whether or not I will publish them, but I think there's some validity in making them known to the public.

We'll have to see. :)
One more exam and I am off for ONE MONTH!!

Lots of fun things coming up, too...
Three newborn shoots.

Two births. 

Five seniors.

Three toddlers.

Two weddings.

A trip to Colorado.

A trip to California.

A visit from my brother.

Thad's FOURTH birthday (OMG!!!!).

All within the next few weeks...

I'm sure there will be lots of photos and updates. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment