.

Da. Beach.

Tom is such a bad influence on me. Remember yesterday when I mentioned that I had gone into panic mode over exams and then proceeded to study for 12 hour straight? Well, somehow he convinced me that today, I needed to spend the entire day on the beach, taking pictures, swimming, throwing rocks, sleeping and reading. So, I did.

And it was wonderful.

Thad had a great time, too. The water was incredibly calm today. There have been days where I am literally swallowing lake water through my nose, but today it was so still, we could consistently see to the bottom as we headed out toward the boats. That was great for Thad, since it gave him more confidence and he spent probably 75% of his time in the water today. He's like my little fish.

I wish that wherever our family ended up, that we could just pick up Lake Michigan and take it with us. It is so much more enjoyable to me than any beach - the water is so warm, and so clean. There's no fear of jelly fish, or sharks or anything remotely dangerous. But it has all the same feel of an ocean. The locals keep it so nice and clean, and the sand is so, so soft. I think if more people knew of the true beauty that is Lake Michigan, that this state would be thriving.

Screw Florida - come visit the MI! (Just be sure to stay on the West side of the state where it's, um, safe).

0 comments:

Post a Comment