.

Preschool.

Yep, we did it. The cut-off for preschool was "must be 3 years of age by September 1" and, since he will be 3 years of age on September 1 exactly, we enrolled Thaddeus.

He's so excited to "go back to school" --- even though we keep telling him that he can't go "back" to school, when he's never even been in the first place.

We met with his teacher today. He loved her, and the preschool director. He cried when we had to leave. I think that's all a good sign, despite my concerns that he will be the youngest one in his class, which could potentially pose some problems. I don't want to send Thad to Kindergarten when he is 5 (I'd rather wait until he's 6), but I don't see the harm in starting him in preschool early. Socially, developmentally --- there are so many benefits to sending him a few days a week.

Another bonus? The school we enrolled him in is a private Christian school just down the street. They read the Bible every day, and they give the kids a good foundation in Christ --- something I have so wanted to do for Thad, but have been unable to follow through on my own personal promises. I have been riddled with guilt for the past 3 years that Thad's exposure to Christ has been through my words to him, his bedtime prayer at night, and the occasional episode of Veggie Tales. From day one I wanted to start taking Thad to church, but settled instead for forcing he and Tom to listen to the Rise Up country show with John Ritter on the way to the beach every Sunday morning.

And, no offense to Mr. Ritter, but the Rise Up country show isn't exactly the best exposure in the world to the word of God (especially when your husband is laughing and giggling at some of the things the callers have to say).

So, preschool it is! He'll have arts and crafts time, and Bible time, and alphabet time, and singing time, and playschool time, and parties, and field trips, and tons of wonderful things.

And I will have 12 hours each week in which I sit in my home, completely undisturbed.

Praise. The. Lord.

0 comments:

Post a Comment