.

Holy. Busy-ness. Batman.

One week.

Eighteen hours of driving to get here.

Three birthdays.

Fifteen family members.

Several good friends from Colorado, as well as Texas.

Eighty birthday party attendees.

Lots of presents.

One exhausted mama.

But what a wonderful time it was.

Now all is quiet. Everyone has returned to their home, whether they be in California, Colorado, Alabama, Florida, New Mexico, or Texas. 

I will definitely miss the daily party with so many people under one roof, but I have to admit, it was a bit of a thrill to sleep in until noon today while the house was so quiet and my husband took over the child care. I can't remember the last time I slept until noon, but man was it awesome.

It was better than awesome, in fact.

And, while we have already celebrated the birthday party, Thad's actual birthday is still two days away. It's hard to believe that my little monkey is about to be three years old. I have no idea where the time has gone. It was especially crazy to see so many people at the birthday party who, not long ago, had been there to celebrate his life at my baby shower. 

Now I am not going home with baskets of receiver blankets and bottles. Pacifiers and bootie socks. 

Instead, I am headed home with construction trucks, Matchbox cars, Toy Story shirts, a Baylor shirt (yesssss), coloring books, bubbles, toy golf clubs, and all sorts of other things that I could not have imagined my 7 pound, 6 ounce little boy playing with only three short years ago.

While my dreams of him one day playing baseball danced around in my head for a long, long time before he was even born, on Saturday I actually got to see some of those dreams come true. He had such a good time. And he mastered his "game face."


0 comments:

Post a Comment