.

Word. Jumbalaya.

Alright, so I have literally been pouring through 13 weeks of Civil Procedure since 9am this morning. I've only taken the occasional break to send a text to Tom, letting him know that I am still alive. I haven't even taken a break to pee --- instead, I have a catheter attached which runs to a filter system and cleans my pee, making it acceptable to drink (that way I don't have to get up for a glass of water, either. I can just plug on through. Genius!).

So, as a result of being unable to communicate with anyone besides the text message version of Tom, I have one million random thoughts running through my mind that are desperately seeking an exit route.

1. It's so fucking humid in this state (excuse the French, but seriously, it's the only way I could communicate just how humid it really is) right now, that every species of bug ever invented by God is hovering outside of my porch light. It's disgusting. I could never live in South America.

2. I'm eating Taco Bell at 10:30 at night. Judge me.

3. I have no idea why, when I hate law school so much, that I actually strive for good grades. If I don't plan to use my law degree, then why can't I just give in to scraping by and shoot for D's? D = Diploma. Why I am so unable to grasp this concept is beyond me.

4. I keep thinking of these great pair of shoes that I desperately want for $80. I would wear them all the time. Five  years ago, I would have bought them before I paid rent. Now? "Hi, my name is Katie, and I can barely afford Target."

5. When I tucked Thad into bed tonight, he had three candy hearts stuck to his cheek. He must've decided not to eat those after the last time he was rewarded for going potty. He's like a real-life hoarder. 

6. Shark Week is awesome.

7. I think about getting a boob job every single day of my life. Literally. I can't wait to chop them off and lift what's left (very little) to the sky.

8. My cat keeps biting my leg and I have no idea why. It's like some sort of sick game that she plays with me. Except that I don't play back. What am I supposed to do? Bite her leg, too?

9. We are buying a new bed this week and all I can think about is how awesome it will be to not sleep on a concrete slab anymore (Because yes, that is how hard our current bed is).
10. Thad is going to meet his preschool teacher tomorrow. What the hell? When did my child grow up? Preschool? That involves backpacks and snacks, and sensible shoes for the playground. What happened to bibs, and bottles and trying to determine what vaccines won't completely destroy his central nervous system!?

11. I should order a backpack for Thad with his name on it.

12. I did order a cape for Thad for his birthday. He can be like a superhero. It has a dinosaur on the back, and I had the woman put his name on it --- "Thaddeusaurus Rex." 

13. After I finish my Taco Bell, I think I'm going to curl up on the couch and watch something on Discovery Health or TLC. I'm over this whole studying thing.

14. I wonder if it will be weird to take pictures of naked girls at my boudoir party? Nah. If anything, it will motivate me to stop eating Taco Bell.

15. I took this picture of myself tonight in a sheer moment of boredom:



Oh, and this one, too:


There. Now those of  you who read my words but have no idea who I am or why I am so jaded can see my shining face.

16. Isn't that a lovely trach scar!? I think it goes well with the puffy cheeks and the nose ring.

17. Mmmm. This Taco Bell is good.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I literally cracked up laughing!!
I love you so much.
Repeat: We can get through this together. We can get through this together.

Who am I kidding?! I'm totally not going to be able to handle this. But between you, custard, and ethyl alcohol...I may have a shot in hell.

Kristin said...

Shut up!! Your nose! When did you get that done? I know you mentioned it a loooooong time ago, but I don't think I knew that you actually went and did it. Cute!

And another thing...why when your hair is pulled up do you look all cute and chipper but when I do it I look like some slob that just rolled out of bed and pulled her greasy hair back rather than taking the shower that she really needed?

Post a Comment