.

Insomnia. Related. Ramblings.

It's 4:26am. 

I've been awake since 2:24am.

That's always fun.

***

A few weeks back, when we took our trip to the UP, Tom realized that we had made the 7-hour drive home without packing his computer. In other words, it was sitting on the floor at the Holiday Inn in Ishpeming, Michigan.

Oops.

Obviously, Tom was none too pleased.

He panicked. And, as all grown adults do in the midst of a panic attack, he acted in a way that was probably a little terrifying for Thad to witness.

Upon realizing his behavior, Tom quickly came to Thad's side, picked him up, and said, "Daddy's not mad at you, buddy. Daddy's mad at himself. Daddy made a mistake."

Since that conversation, whenever Thad finds himself having done something he wasn't supposed to have done, he says to me, "Mommy, I made myself a steak."

***

I just realized that I have no idea where I am going to conduct my externship for law school. I hate the law.

And, despite getting pretty decent grades, I don't know a thing about it.

So, is it cool to just walk in to some place and say something like, "Hey, look, I have to fill this requirement for my fifty-bazillion-dollar education but I am of absolutely no use to you. Is there any chance you could like, stick me in a file room one day a week so that I can get the credit for this and move on with my life? Yeah, I don't want to be a lawyer. I want to be a photographer. But it'd be a nice bonus if I could hang my law degree in my studio."

Would that be the kiss of death? Or do you think they'd appreciate my  honesty?

***

I am seriously stressed out to the max about a wedding book that I agreed to put together back in April. Poor girl.

I put the first one together and she wanted me to change a bunch of things. I don't mind the changes, but it's finding the time to do it.

She said to me, "It's ok. If I at least get it by Thanksgiving, that would be cool. But I've waited 5 years since getting married to actually have an album, so it's not like I'm in any hurry."

Lol.

***

I'm seriously ready for some crazy people to start contacting me about photos. Even if they are just for my portfolio, I would love to add some creative images to my site.

And by creative, I am referencing the fact that I just viewed some bridal photos that involved a shot gun.

Tattoos also make for awesome photos.

Anyone willing to either (a) bare some skin for boudoir or maternity, or (b) throw on their wedding dress and go swimming in the river!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment