.

Surgery. Today.

I have been counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds until October 26.

I'm scheduled for surgery around 3pm this afternoon on my throat. Want the fancy schmancy words?

Mmmkay.

Laryngoscopy.

Bronchoscopy.

Balloon dilation.

All that really means, I think, is that they will be looking into my larynx and my bronchial tubes, and then dilating me with a balloon. Think angioplasty for the throat.

I currently have no inflammation and no scar tissue. So that's fantastic news. But my ENT in Grand Rapids thinks he can stretch my throat just a tad, so I've given him the go-ahead.

At this point, I'm thinking any little change has the potential to make a huge difference.

So, wish me luck.

I'll be back later to update on how things went.

Oh, and if you're lucky, I'll update while I'm still feeling the affects of anesthesia. 

That always makes for some good conversation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment