.

Let. Them. Roll.

The thoughts, that is...

Anyone who has had the chance to speak with me in person over the past two or three years knows that it's sometimes difficult to tell the difference between my breathing and the sound of my voice. They are both equally loud and obnoxious, I am sure. And then there are those who have absolutely no idea why I am breathing heavy, and feel the need to bring it up.
In front of everyone.

Like yesterday. When I was teaching. 

One of my students couldn't let it go. In the middle of my lecture, she interrupts to say, "OMG, is that YOU breathing heavy!? I was like, 'Wow, who is that making all that noise!? Is there someone snoring in here!?'"

I laughed it off and continued with my lecture, but I wanted to do so much more than that.

Much, much more.

I think it was the first time I legitimately felt self-conscious about my condition. I think my feelings were even a little bit hurt.

Sigh.

Thank you, Wegener's.

* * *

Tom and I had a date night last night.

I can honestly say, it was one of the more "stimulating" date nights we've had in a long time, but only because the conversation turned to things that I don't think we have talked about in a looong time. Like, since we were dating.

We didn't talk about Thaddeus. Or potty training. Or preschool. Or anything related to having a child.

Nope.

We talked about future plans.

We talked about God.

We talked about God a lot.

We talked about a good friend of mine who's coming to visit here in a few weeks.

We talked about another good friend of mine who needs to bite the bullet and do something she totally doesn't want to do. But it will be totally worth it for her when she finally does.

And we drank beer.

Oh my, did we drink beer.

Oh, and then we went to see a movie about a horse. Which, admittedly, was better than I expected. 

I love you, "Meester Yater!"

* * *

In the midst of scanning all the different vendors on Etsy to figure out which bows I want to buy, which tutus look the cutest, and who has the best props for photos, I decided - wait a minute, I'm creative.

And I went to Hobby Lobby.

And Michaels.

And I bought a ton of stuff. 

I am going to learn to knit (legitimately, not just with a loom), and I intend to make diaper covers, hats and baby hammocks. I also intend to make hair bows, headbands and cocoons. And then I intend to supplement my photography business with these nifty little crafts.

Plus, it gives me something to do.

Because you and I both know, I often find myself bored with nothing to do.

It's not like I have a husband, son, job, hobby/job or academic career to tend to.

Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment