.

Grandpa Vern.

Well, here I am again. Sitting at my computer, contemplating the loss of yet another loved one.

I got the call this morning around 7, which means my family in California had been scrambling around since well before 4am.

According to them, my grandpa had a heart attack in the middle of his sleep and they were unable to revive him.

My heart breaks in so many ways over the loss of my Grandpa Vern.

But instead of listing my various forms of grief, I'd rather focus on the one thing that makes my heart happy:

The fact that only a few weeks ago, I got to spend time with him.

And even better than that, so did Thad.


This photo epitomizes my grandpa so much. I love it.

Nothing could possibly define him in a better way than a photo of him torturing his great-grandson with a seemingly infinite number of Cheez-Its. What makes it even more perfect is the look on his face - the one he always made when he was having fun messing around with one of his kids or grandkids - and the people who you can't see in the photo.

The ones who are laughing at the entire scene, most likely thinking, "Oh Vern. Enough already. Leave that poor child alone!"

Lol.

I mourn the loss of my grandpa today, and I mourn the loss not only for myself, but for my grandma and the rest of my family as well. What a loss for us to never be with him on this Earth again.

I am thankful for yet another angel in my life, though - we can never have too many of those.

R.I.P., Grandpa Vern.

You will always be loved, and always be missed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment