.

A tribute to Grandpa.

The night before I left for California, I was talking to Thad about how mommy was going to be gone for a few days, and why.

I explained to him that his great grandpa had gone to Heaven to be with Jesus, but that I wanted to go to California one more time to say goodbye and make sure he knew that I loved him.

That same day, Tom had bought Thad a big Blue's Clues balloon that he absolutely loved.

Thad handed it to me and said, "Here! You take it. Give it to Grandpa and maybe he can give it to Jesus!"

It melted my heart.

Of course, I couldn't take the balloon.

But instead, we bought some blue balloons in his honor. My sister, brother, step-mom and Grandma each wrote a little message on our balloons before we sent them sailing up into the sky. 

Mine read, "Hi Grandpa! Please say hello to my Grandpa Tom, my Grandpa Broad, and my Grandma Eloise. I love you very much! Katie"

It was probably my favorite part of the day.




0 comments:

Post a Comment