.

Finally. The wait is over.

Secrets are so not my thing.

When I found out in December that I was expecting, Tom and I figured we would wait until the end of the first trimester to tell anyone just in case.

Well, a trimester is 12 weeks, and here I am...7 weeks along.

Oh well. The cat is out of the bag. ;)

So, since this week's theme for my photo project is "B," I knew exactly what I was going to do...


We could use all of the thoughts and prayers in the world, though. If you can recall a few weeks back, I blaghed about how our doctor had told us that my Wegener's had returned for a little fun, and that we were to wait another year before trying to conceive. Little did we know - at the time of that appointment - I was already pregnant.

This little swimmer managed to get past the IUD, past the medication, and into it's little home in my belly. Strong-willed already, I'd say.

And truly a miracle.

For now, we have opted to stop my medication to treat the Wegener's. I am still on a low dose of steroids, but no chemo and no Imuran. Just lots of prayers. :)

I cannot even tell you what an unbelievable big brother Thaddeus is going to be. Thoughts of our future family of four make my giddy with excitement - I can't wait to watch his huge heart and his good nature shine thru.

Thaddeus told me that he wanted a brother, until the doctor reminded him that he wouldn't have to share his toys if he had a sister. Now he seems pretty set on me having a little girl. He wants to name her Spiderman, which I think is very fitting. We'll consider it, at least.

Truth be told, I would love a little girl as well. But with this pregnancy being the true miracle it is, I'm happy with 10 fingers, 10 toes and a happy, healthy baby. My only reservation about another boy is having to name him...lol.

2 comments:

Willie and Melissa said...

Yay! Congrats and PRAYING!!!

Katie said...

Thank you, Melissa!

Post a Comment