.

I've watched him.

I've watched this man open envelopes in anticipation of good news, only to find out he'd been rejected by certain law schools.

I've watched this man open envelopes in anticipation of good news, and the joy in his eyes upon receiving it.

I've watched this man spend hard-earned money to pick up his family and move them across the country, to better prepare himself--and them--for the future.

I've watched this man spend entire evenings, lying awake at night, worried about the future.

I've watched this man pull all-nighters with me, in a last-ditch effort to teach me the requisite elements of each of the varying degrees of murder for criminal law.

I've watched this man get A's.

I've watched this man get...well, not A's. 

I've watched this man curse the name of his school, his professors, and his chosen profession, simply out of frustration.

I've watched this man build friendships with those who have mentored him over the years.

I've watched his heart break.

I've watched him be the best.

I've watched him spend countless hours away from his family to study for the Bar exam.

And today, I watched this man accept his law degree.

Congratulations to you, my love. You have no idea the amount of pride I have in my heart for all that you have accomplished thus far, and all you will accomplish in the future. You are going to make one damn good lawyer, that's for sure.

xoxo


2 comments:

Willie and Melissa said...

Way to go! Congrats to your hubby!!!

Tonya said...

OMG!!!
So so great:):)
Congratulations Tom (and Katie)!!!

Post a Comment