.

Girls' Night.

I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 4am after a night out with friends, inhaling Taco Bell to fulfill my late night need for some sort of disgusting ass food, and then passing out on the couch until mid-afternoon the next day.

But that's what I did this weekend.

I headed south to hang out with Danielle.

We took over 2 hours to do our hair and make-up (don't judge).

Then we grabbed a bite to eat.

Headed to the bars.

Took shots of tequilla.

Drank beer.

Sang karaoke.

Danced.

Danced some more.

Took one more shot of tequilla.

Then headed home (no worries - we had a designated driver).

But of course, we couldn't just go home. We had to stay up talking nonsense about God only knows what, eating our Taco Bell, and watching late night television. 

Finally, by 4am, we figured it might be a good idea to go to sleep.

So I did.

And I slept like a baby.

And I woke up at 2pm.

TWO.

It was fantastic.

Then I came home, edited some photos from a session I had this weekend, and fell in love with this one:


It felt so good to have a night out with good friends.

As much as I love being home with Tom and Thad, sometimes I need a night to get away and re-live those days when I was 23 and had nothing more to worry about than how many more absences I had left in school before they dropped me from a class, and what I was going to eat for dinner since I couldn't afford groceries.

A big ol' thanks to that husband of mine for playing Daddy Day Care while I was gone.

He's the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment