.

Catching. Up.

It seems like it's been forever since I last blahged. In reality, it's been all of 6 days; but I think it feels like forever because the last week (or two, or three) have been crazy busy. 

My head, I am hoping, will stop spinning within the next few days. Though, it's doubtful.

So, since we've had so much going on, I guess I'll update everyone on the past 6 days since my very last boudoir shoot...

1. After my last boudoir shoot on Saturday, I drove up to Evergreen just in time to photograph a rehearsal dinner. While taking a photo of the bartender at said rehearsal dinner, I stepped backwards for a better angle and ended up taking a nice little leap off a ledge that I was unaware even existed. I rolled my ankle as far as it would go without snapping and am currently on crutches.

So, that was awesome.

2. The next day, me and my severely sprained ankle braved the smallest road known to man at the top of a huge-ass mountain to take photos of this beautiful bride:


Everything about her dress and flowers screamed to me "dream wedding of my own" so I lived vicariously through her as I took pictures.
3. The next day, Thad and I flew home to Michigan. He sat on the plane the entire time, with his seat belt buckled, listening to music. Have I mentioned that since turning three, he has been a dream child? I think I've raised my voice maybe once (?) in over a week. It's shocking really. 

And awesome. 

It's really, really awesome.

4. Upon arriving home, I learned that this [not so] little guy had decided to build his home directly outside of our sliding glass door.


In reality, this spider is about 2 or 3 inches in length, so depending on what kind of computer screen you are looking at, this photo is true to size. Disgusting, right? And yet I can't bring myself to order his death, since it's so incredibly fascinating watching him work.

I've seen this thing devour a bug and fix its web.

I've watched it curl up and take a nap. 

How could I possibly ask Tom to kill it?

(No worries, my heart will eventually turn black...his days are numbered).

5. Thaddeus has asked at least 4,873 times if he can "go back to school." I keep reminding him that he starts on Monday.

6. I started back to school.

Uuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hate school.

7. I've edited 6 of 12 boudoir shoots, and still have the remaining 6 to go. I also have two weddings to edit.

Oy.

8. I've lost 20 pounds. And I'm still losing. :)

9. I plotted out and dreamt of my major plan to wipe out all of the insurance companies that keep trying to screw up my regimen. Each time I get on a medication that really, really works, some big shot at United Health Care decides that I don't need it and refuses to cover it. I'm sorry, but when did insurance big-wigs start earning their medical degrees before running huge corporations?

Oh that's right, they don't. 

They're just huge asshole know-it-alls (like several people I know in law school).

10. Tonya, come visit me in Michigan!!!

1 comments:

Tonya said...

I will!!! I really, really will!:)
I will come (promise) either next week or during my fall break.
So. Needs. To. Happen.
You are amazing. Love you!!

Post a Comment