.

Up. North.

So the family and I have decided to take a weekend trip up North to check out the leaves and such.

On the way up here, Thad told us he really needed to potty.

Admittedly, we don't have a lot of practice with Thad going potty on road trips so we were totally caught off guard.

So we pulled over.

And, for the first time, he attempted to legitimately stand while peeing.

Knowing he is going to look back and read this some day makes me feel bad, but it was seriously too funny and too cute to not blahg about.

And take a picture of.

(Tom told me that it's illegal to post a picture of my kid's naked butt now that he's older. Sorry, friends. You'll have to imagine it for yourselves.)

Sorry, buddy. It had to be done.

He didn't succeed, in case you're wondering. I think it was all a little too much for him. Lol.

He did, however, manage to hold it for another hour or so until we found a gas station.

Win!

And, to top off this story about my child's patterns with the potty, we have been (rather unsuccessfully) trying to get him to poop in the potty. My mom told him - over a month ago - that as soon as he did, she would take him to Chuck E. Cheese.

Well, tonight he did it.

This was literally what I heard from the bathroom:

"MOM! I did it!"

"Can I go to Chuck E. Cheese?"

"I need to call grandma and grandpa."

So we did. And I think it made her night. He was so proud of that little poop in the toilet, lol.

Tomorrow we head deeper into the Upper Peninsula. I'm excited. The leaves thus far have been absolutely glorious. Red, yellow, orange. Seriously brilliant. 

More pictures to come. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment