.

Getting. Inked.

I've never, ever, ever had a desire to get a tattoo.

Well, maybe once when I was 18, I had the desire simply because I was technically and legally allowed to have the desire. But I had no idea what I wanted or why I wanted it.

Now that I am older, and have had a myriad of significant things happen in my life, I feel a bit differently. Tattoos have been a lot more culturally accepted, and I more recently started to feel the itch.

I didn't want anything that wouldn't have the same heartfelt meaning for me as it did the day that I got it. 

I once saw a girl with a Hello Kitty tattoo, and the first thing I thought was, "You're going to hate yourself more than you could have ever imagined when you are 47 years old."

Hello Kitty? Really?

But then again, who am I to judge what is meaningful and what is not when it comes to other people?

In my own situation, I can think of two things that I would find "ink-able." 

1. Something related to Thaddeus.

2. Something related to Wegener's.

I went the Thaddeus route.


Thaddeus's name means "praise."

The word for "praise" in Gaelic is "moladh."

Since I'm proud of my Irish heritage, I figured this was the best combination of both worlds.

And I love it. I absolutely love my new tattoo.

And in case you're wondering, no, it didn't hurt. :)

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Oooh! I love it! I did the same about a year ago, but I opted for a Red Sox tattoo. It was either baseball or something Irish-related and I opted for baseball last minute. It's a reminder of my childhood with my father, and it's placed below my pantline. Now that I'm pregnant, I get a lot of comments from my OB/GYNs, "Oh, you're a Red Sox fan?" Haha.

Post a Comment