.

Day. One.

Introduce, Recent Picture, 15 Facts

For those of you who are new to my blahg or have never met me in person, this is me:

I mean, my hair is no longer that dark (I've gone back to blonde), but for the most part, you can see what I look like.

Ha.

Ok, for reals. This is me:

And for reals, my hair is no longer that dark. I really have gone back to blonde.

And 15 facts about me? I'll do my best!
 
1. I used to love having my photo taken. I was constantly being told how photogenic I was and how great my smile was. Then I gained a shit-ton of weight and - oddly enough, became a photographer - and now my favorite place is behind the lens. Not in front. If I do get in front of the lens, it's for random photos like the one above...where you can truly only see my silly side, and not my extra flab. 
 
2. I love to laugh. And even more, I love to make others laugh. I've been told that I'm pretty good at the latter, although my husband insists that I'm not nearly as funny as I think I am. I just think he's a tough crowd to please.
 
3. I love a good pair of black leggings, and I could care less that I am not the type who should be wearing a good pair of black leggings.
 
4. I am very quick to give up on people. Maybe I have been burned enough in my lifetime to know that there are only a handful of people in this world who you can truly trust and love, and know that they will trust and love you in return. So I don't get too bent out of shape when a longtime friend turns her back on me, or even a family member chooses to turn her back on me as well. I understand that that's life. No one is perfect, so why should I expect them to be?
 
5. As you already know, I have a pretty annoying-ass disease. Yes, I said annoying-ass. This disease has changed and shaped me (literally) in many good ways, and many bad ways as well. I am hoping that the bad is only temporary, and just a side effect of the medication. I am hoping that the good sticks around forever.
 
6. If I were to die and go to hell, I am pretty sure hell would be just like a Meijers grocery store, full of really old people in motorized carts. Because yes, this is my personal hell, and the reason why I try to avoid the grocery store at all cost.
 
7. I have a weakness for a good pair of jeans with really long legs, and a nice blousy shirt that doesn't cling. If I find this in the mall, I will practically panhandle to be able to afford it.
 
8. My entire life, I grew up telling people I wanted to be a teacher. Somewhere, somehow, I got a job as a teacher and I think I'm actually pretty damn good at it.
 
9. I worked as a waitress at Chili's for a little over 6 years. Even though my waitressing days have been over since 2007, I still have nightmares about greeting tables, being in the weeds, and having to deal with customers, my boss, and one particular girl named Sarah.
 
10. I am a firm believer that a person's teeth tell a lot about who they are, and where they came from.
 
11. I am - and always have been - spoiled rotten. I can't think of anything I have ever wanted that I didn't either receive, or was given an opportunity to earn for myself. I don't think this has made me a bad person, but an incredibly appreciative and grateful person. I realize what I have, what many others do not, and why I should be thankful to God - every single day - that He has blessed me with such an amazing life, full of so many amazing people.
 
12. I used to have a real issue with using metal silverware to eat. I have since outgrown this phobia by about 90% - I still can't use a metal spoon to eat hot soup. I always have to go to my plastic reserves.
 
13. I was offered a full-ride scholarship to the University of Colorado out of high school. I turned it down for an education that cost me $85,000. Then, I was offered a full ride scholarship to Western University Law School out of college. I turned that down for an education that has since cost me almost $200,000. Clearly, there is something wrong with my brain.
 
14. One of my favorite things to do these days is sit on the couch with my husband, watching sports on mute while we listen to music and drink wine. In fact, right now, we are watching a tennis match and listening to the Beatles while I sip on Riesling. Perfection.
 
15. I moved from California to Colorado when I was 10 years old. I then spent the next 8 years telling everyone how much I hated Colorado, and how I could not wait to get back to California. However, the moment I moved out of Colorado, I realized how truly amazing and wonderful it is. Now, there isn't a single day that doesn't go by where I don't imagine myself back in those mountains. In addition to that, you couldn't pay me to live in California. What a hell-hole that place is!



0 comments:

Post a Comment