.

Happy. Turkey. Day.

Every 365 days, I am once again reminded why I (a) hate to cook, and (b) should never be allowed anywhere near a kitchen.

Actually, I'm exaggerating. Thanksgiving dinner turned out to be a pretty big success, with only one minor glitch.

The menu?

Grilled turkey.

BBQ chicken.

Kielbasa with red pepper and onions.

Cheesy au gratin potatoes.

Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.

Apple pie.

The only problem that presented itself all day was with the apple pie, when I mistook "2 tbsp flour" for "1 and 3/4 cup flour." How I made the mistake I will never know, but I ended up having to basically re-do the pie. So annoying.

Thanksgiving is such a weird holiday to me. I really don't understand the point of spending an entire day in the kitchen, just to sit down at 4pm, eat, clean up, and then be miserable for the rest of the night because you stuffed yourself so full of food.

If I want to be thankful for something, I can do that any other day of the year. Why do we have to designate an actual holiday for it? I am thankful for many things in my life, all the time. Not just on the third Thursday in November.

But, I will admit, the food was delicious. And while I'm not much of an apple pie fan, I am a big fan of the Reese's cups I have hidden in the cupboard. So maybe I'll reward myself after a full day of cooking with some of those.

Yep.

I'm thankful for Reese's peanut butter cups.

And Heineken.

Oh, I am thankful for Heineken.

Oh! And this guy right here:


Happy Turkey Day!

(P.S. - Happy birthday to my dad and my uncle today! Love you both!)

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Totally agree about it being silly to declare a specific day to be thankful and in the process, gorge yourself until you feel sick. Your dinner sounded awesome! I love to change holiday meals up and have different, more unique items. Jason is very traditional though. Reese peanut butter cups are my favorite too. If they are in the house, I can eat about........maybe I won't say how many I can eat. So many that I can't even have them in the house :(

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment