.

Outtakes.

People compliment me all the time on my photos of Thad.

"Oh, he must LOVE the camera!"

"Gosh, look at that smile. You're so lucky he just poses for you!"

"What a photogenic little boy. You are so, so lucky."

Um, negative.

None of the above is true. 

Thad hates the camera, with a capital "H." He is learning to like it more and more (now that he gets the concept behind it, and he can view the photo he just took), but it's still a long, rough road when picture time rolls around.

Today I attempted his Christmas photos.

He got home from school around 11:30, we ate lunch, and then I set everything up. We attempted photos around 12:15. 

By 12:30, I had a crying toddler on my hands, and I was done.

I started rolling up my backdrop. 

I put my stand away. 

Rolled up my floor.

Sat down at my computer, and told myself I'd try again tomorrow.

But Thad wasn't having it. You see, if he had taken good pictures, I told him we would go out and buy a toy. So he was ready to try again.
I re-set everything back up.

This time, thankfully, he cooperated.

But even through cooperation, this child gives me a run for my money.

I got all of the photos I wanted to get, and I am putting our Christmas cards together right now.

But here are some of the "outtakes":

Fake smile + TV on = no chance in hell I am getting a good one.

"Um, Thad, turn the letter around so I can see the red part."

Being silly. He laughed really hard right after this photo.

"Mom, I'd much rather make the Y stand upside down than hold it up for a photo. Geesh."

The usual "monster" shot. Every photo shoot needs one.

More fake smiles and TV distractions.

I was hoping he'd stand up, put his hands in his pockets, and give me a nice smile. This is what I got instead.

Daydreaming.

Laughing.
I actually brought myself down to the level where I was yelling the word, "FART!" just to get him to look at me.

And, of course, the shocked look. I think this was just before another "monster" yell...

I'm so, so glad Christmas photos are done for the Jeter family. Now all I have to worry about is Christmas photos for my clients. And, compared to Thad, those should be a breeze. ;)


1 comments:

Kristi said...

He is so cute!!! I am glad you included that one "pull back". I was wondering if the baseboard was part of the backdrop roll or seperate. Very nice! That "daydreaming" picture is a keeper!!! I would want to blow that one up!

Post a Comment