.

Sundays.

There's something about Sunday that I absolutely love. It's like no matter what is going on in my life - whether I'm single or married, a mother or not, working or studying - the day is always reserved for the same feelings of relaxation, and the same desire to spend it with the people that I love.

Today was just that - a perfect Sunday.

It started off with my wonderful husband allowing me to sleep in (have I mentioned before how wonderful he is????), while he hung out with Thad. When I came downstairs, I watched the two of them play some idiotic game of basketball that required one person to lay directly under the hoop and consistently take a ball to the face, each time the other scored. All 3 of us were laughing so hard.

Then I got to cuddle in bed with Thad during nap time (because yes, after sleeping in, I still needed a nap...it's the meds. Don't judge.).

After that, the 3 of us headed out to Java Gym so Thad could run around, I could study, and Tom could be bored out of his mind. 

Then dinner, topped off with Thad going to bed a little earlier than usual.

Now, I'm sitting here trying to collect a bunch of photos to send to my sister-in-law so that she and my niece can make a photo book of the family for Tom's mom. In having done so, I have come across so many wonderful pictures that I forgot even existed.


This photo was taken during our trip to Europe during the Christmas of 2006. I think I was pretending that I wasn't working at some below-minimum-wage small town newspaper at the time, and that I was instead some rich bazillionaire who was about to partake in a little bit o' shopping.

Me and Thad, when he was only about a month old, on the drive from New York to Michigan. See the lovely trach necklace I'm sporting? Almost as cool as his sunglasses, right!? Lol.

My favorite place to be in the summers - Lake Michigan. More specifically, Holland or Grand Haven. The water is absolutely perfect, and the weather is just what the doctor ordered after months and months of bitter cold and wind and snow and ice and bitter cold and wind and snow and ice.

To date, this is one of my favorite photos of Tom and me. It was taken at the little pub below our hotel in Amsterdam. I'd like to take this moment to note that the two of us engaged in a lot of drinking that trip and - unbeknownst to me - I was pregnant at the time. So if Thad ever seems a little "off" to you, I take full responsibility. Ha. 

The night we got engaged. That was a fun night. We did what every girl dreams of doing on the night she gets engaged - hung out with good friends at a bar, then headed to Canada to play some pool at the local strip clubs. We are a class act, ladies and gentlemen. ;)

The day we got married. I love this picture - look at how youthful we are. Then we had a child...and now we both have large circles under our eyes and our hair is turning gray. Lol. 


I truly love this man. Can you tell?

When I took this picture, I knew in a second that Thad would grow up to be just like Tom...here they were, both watching the news while Tom sipped his morning coffee. Thad was a whopping 4 days old in this photo. And look at how orange he is from his jaundice! He's like my little oompa loompa. 

Two of the most important guys in my life. They were made for each other. And, they were made for me. 

I love my little family so much. 

So, so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment