.

Busy week.

Whew, what a week. It's definitely been busy around the Jeter household.

I am still catching up on my editing of the boudoir sessions. I have one more left to do - sorry Sara, lol! - and then I am completely done.

In addition to this, we are back in school (full swing), and I picked up an extra class to teach at ITT.

Oh, and did I mention Thad is going through another one of his "phases"? This one seems to only be aimed at me. He's daddy's perfect angel, and mommy's mini-Satan. We are butting heads constantly, and sometimes I feel frustrated simply because I find myself getting to his level just to get through to him. 

For obvious reasons, acting like a 3-year-old, to get thru to a 3-year-old doesn't exactly work.

Sigh.

Other than that, I have been trying to devote most of my time to my business.

I sent out the mailers for my Boudoir sessions in Dallas. The dates will be April 29/May 1 and I am opening it up for 10 girls (maybe even a couple more...we will have to see). The best news is that I sent out nearly 50 mailers! That's how overwhelming the response was when I asked who would be interested.

I re-designed my photo blog.

I purchased something verrrrrry handy for my business (hint: it rhymes with "Schmy-Schmad"), and yes, it's an iPad. One of my goals for 2011 is to be more organized in my business.

It started with buying a filing cabinet, backing up all photos, filing my clients accordingly, etc. Then, I took all of my contacts, and everything in my planner and transferred it over to the iPad. I'm hoping I can get used to just using that for all of my business needs (including my portfolio and price lists). So far, so good. :)

I briefly considered using Groupon to gain some business, but quickly found out that it would be a bad idea...for now. I will do it eventually, but I will have to wait until I am in my own studio space. In the meantime, they are going to feature me in a sidebar advertisement just to give me some face time, but I'm not sure how much business that will generate.

In addition to a trip to Dallas in April, I am heading to California in March. Both my sister and my cousin got engaged this past year, and are going to pay to fly me out there for engagement photos. So that'll be exciting. :)

I know I was super down about the year 2011...it didn't exactly start off great with the whole blood clot thing. But, it's gotten better - I can actually move around - and I think the improvement in my leg has brought an improvement in my attitude.

Hell, I even managed to get off my ass today and take the Christmas tree and decorations down.

What? January 16th? Don't judge me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment