.

Thaddeus Grey.

For the first time in nearly a month, I turned my camera to Thad today and snagged pictures of him. Most of my work over the last month has been of complete and total strangers, and I forgot how much I missed having pictures of the monkey all the time. 

So tonight, during bath time, I braved the water with my camera and got a few photos.

Gosh, I love my little man.






We've gotten into a new bedtime routine, Thad and I.

On the nights when I put him into bed (sometimes I am at work or in class, and I miss out), we read a book, sing songs, say our prayers and then, most recently, he asks me to rub his head.

I am more than happy to oblige, especially since this is one of my favorite memories as a child. My mom had these long fingernails that she used to run through my hair when I would lay down in bed. I remember thinking, "Please God, don't let her stop. This is the best feeling ever." 

And she would always stick by my side and stroke my hair for a good amount of time. Which is why, when Thad asks me to do the same, I stay there for at least 10 or 15 minutes...sometimes longer.

Sometimes it puts him to sleep, but not always. But it's awesome sharing something with him that I used to share with my own mom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment