.

April Fools

As I have gotten older, one of two things has happened:

(1) I have become significantly more lame and find humor in pretty dumb stuff,

or

(2) Other people have become significantly more awesome because of the things they've experienced since high school.

Either way, April Fools jokes have become a lot more significant and hilarious than they were say, 10 years ago.
Hell, when I was a child, the best April Fools joke was something like, "Mom! I failed my test!" or something equally as disappointing.

Today?

I saw a fake car break-in with shattered glass and everything.

I saw a woman who convinced her husband that the American Pediatrics had recommended all children age 3 or less (she had two) had to immediately stop drinking cow's milk, and go back to breast feeding. Her husband was seriously sweating - and he didn't even catch on when she told him that she was going to have to start turning her breast milk into cheese for their two toddlers.

I saw a couple of the classic, "Honey! I'm pregnant!"s. 

I mean legitimately good, funny stuff that most of us can relate to.

It's weird how life seems to get more and more complicated, while it simultaneously shows itself to be more and more humorous.

I'm sure there's a lesson in that.

Somewhere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment