.

A baby and a fire.

Today was quite an eventful day. After one of those rare moments in which I kicked my dad's ass in a game of darts, my mom and I headed to Denver to photograph the newborn baby girl of a long-time friend (a friendship that goes all the way back to 1992!). 

Look at these lips. Does your heart not melt into butta?


It's crazy meeting up with old friends after they've had babies. The conversation literally goes back and forth between what it's like to be a mom, and when we thought we were cool at sleepovers in the 5th grade. It's amazing how quickly time flies and life passes you by.

On the way back home, my mom and I got word that there was a wildfire about 4 miles from my parents' house. Of course there was great concern for this fact...but then we suddenly realized that we both had cameras in the car. So we headed in the direction of the blaze to try and capture some photos.

I am happy to report that the fire was very small and seemed contained. The pictures don't really do it justice, but it was amazing to see how close the fire came to destroying what is typically known as a landmark in Conifer - Meyers Ranch. This is where everyone goes sledding and snow-shoeing in the winter, and hiking in the summer. The Ranch is an old historic home, and we were so glad to see that the firefighters were able to save it.

The photos are kind of lame. But you can see why people were so concerned.






See how close it came to destroying the home!? Crazy!!




I fear that this is going to be a loooong summer for the residents of Conifer and Evergreen. They've already had a handful of wildfires in the past few weeks, and we aren't even into the dry/windy/hot summer season.

Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment