.

Blahg-ing from my iPad.

Mmmkay. It's 1:04am and I am lying in bed next to my sleeping husband, listening to the sounds of the ceiling fan and the occasional jet overhead. Oh, and every now and then, I'm getting kicked in the leg by a man who moves more in his sleep than I do during a 24-hour period of being awake.

Seriously. I think the reason my husband is so thin is because he burns thousands of calories in his sleep. It's weird.

And endearing.

Anyways, I felt compelled to connect with the outside world after my third straight day in Virginia with no Internet access. It began to feel like I was being suffocated as the Gods of my brother-in-law's mind refused to allow him to remember his password for their wireless Internet. The last three days have been like living in the year 1991 all over again.

Thank God for my iPad. Every now and then, I get a glimpse at what's happening on Facebook, what's going on in my mamarazzi community, and have even spent some time reading.

For pleasure.

Yep. That has been the most beautiful part about time traveling back to 1991. I've actually finished reading two books this week - Two Kisses for Maddy, and From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.

Oh, and by the way, I loved them both.

Like, LOVED.

Tomorrow will be spent with my mother-in-law and Tom's family. Then, on Thursday, I will board my plane to Dallas. I've been looking forward to April 28th since December of 2010. It will be so fun to see so many old college friends while simultaneously doing what I love - how can I ever possibly call photography a "job"!?

I wish I could end this post with a picture, but my iPad doesn't have the one I want to show. I wrapped up the editing on my family's photos today, and am proud to say that there is a black and white photo of me and Thad that will soon be hanging on canvas over our fireplace. I am in love with the photo - as it clearly speaks to the love I have for my little guy.

I'll figure out a way to get it on here before next Tuesday. Until then, my time on the InterWebz may continue to be sporadic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment