.

Day. Eighteen.

Something You Regret.

This is hard to write about because it's a Catch-22.

I regret ever having consented to surgery in Waco, back in the year 2005. Had I not consented, my body would not have gone through a traumatizing event that triggered the onset of my [at that time] dormitory Wegener's disease.

That doesn't mean Wegener's wouldn't have reared its ugly head at some point in my life, but maybe it would not have reared its ugly head so early on in my life.

Why is this a Catch-22?

Because had this disease not reared its ugly head, my life may have ended up on a very different path.

And that path may not have included Thaddeus.

So, we take the good with the bad.

And while I regret that surgery to this very day (it was definitely an unnecessary one), I am thankful every day for some of the beautiful things it eventually brought to me.

* * * * * * * * * *

Oh!

And I regret ever letting my doctor scare me into getting a tracheostomy.

Totally unnecessary.

Although we didn't know it at the time. But yeah, looking back?

Totally, totally, totally unnecessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment