.

Some. Things. Worth. Mentioning.

1. Yesterday my child made his first attempt at committing a felony.

Faced with the decision of getting either a toy, or a piece of chocolate, he couldn't make up his mind. So, in an effort to problem solve for him, I chose the toy. My mom and I were checking out, paying for our items, and I turned around to make sure Thad wasn't being abducted or opening some toys at the 3-year-old eye level to play with in the store.

It was worse.

He had shoved a king-sized Hersheys bar into his pants.

I was mortified.

And, while I understand that his little toddler brain doesn't quite get the consequence of "stealing," he did know that I told him he could not have a candy bar, and he made the choice to take one anyways.

So, needless to say, he was in pretty big trouble.

I feel like the next 15 years are going to be really, really long.

* * * * * * * * * *

2. Tom and I got up early this morning, and tip-toed around in an effort to get ready for the day and not wake up Thad.

As it got later, I was really surprised that he hadn't come barreling out of his room, ready to have some juice and watch cartoons in mommy and daddy's bed.

Then, suddenly, I heard talking downstairs.

"Mom? Is Thad with you down there?" I asked.

Uh, yeah.

At 4:30am, he had gone downstairs to her room, and given her a kiss to wake her up. Then she let him crawl into bed with her and they cuddled until it was time to wake up around 8:30.

I think someone loves his grandma. ;)

* * * * * * * * * *

3. I'm usually pretty good at overwhelming myself with just enough things to really stress me out around the time of final exams.

But this time?

Yeah, this time I was not only good at it, I was great at it.

I am so stressed, I think I am starting to see purple dots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment