.

Day. Sixteen.

Dream House.

Gah! I can't believe I haven't stuck with this on a day-to-day basis.

Well, wait. Yes I can.

I've been busier than hell this week. I've literally caught myself thinking, "Did I brush my teeth this morning?"

Yikes.

Anyways, I'm excited to talk about my dream house. I never thought I would care until I became of the age where renting got really old, really fast. I always think, "Ugh, I wish we had this," or, "When we build a home, it will have this..."

So here it is:

Since I will be building my dream house with Tom (well, let's hope, lol), I know that one of the requirements is that there be a garage on the side or the back of the house...not right in the front. He hates that so much. He thinks it takes away from the overall look of the home. And you know what? I agree. So, yes. We need a "hidden" garage.

My dream house will be painted a dark mocha/grey color, with white trim.

It will have my photography studio built into it. The studio will have windows on both the Southern and Eastern or Western walls, that go from the ceiling to the floor. My studio will have space for all of my set-ups, all of my equipment, a closet for all of the clothes and shoes that clients can choose from to wear (if they want), as well as a room full of props. The floors will be dark wood. Heaven.
The kitchen will have a huge island in the middle of it. That's really my only requirement, unless I'm allowed to say that it has to be stocked with personal chefs. ;)

I want dark, hardwood floors throughout most of my house. For the carpet, I want white. And plush. The carpet has to be plush.

The laundry room will be upstairs, with the bedrooms. No more carrying laundry up and down the stairs. I don't care that the washer and dryer make noise...we will put them in a sound-proof room.

If I happen to lose the battle on the laundry room being upstairs, then I will insist on a laundry chute. I've lived in two places with laundry chutes and it was fabulous. I want each bedroom to have a separate chute so that laundry is already separated according to each member of the family. No more toddler socks mixed with daddy socks.

Windows. There need to be lots and lots of windows.

I insist on at least one red bathroom.

A game room. This is a must. Pool table, large television, wet bar...you get the idea.

I always envisioned a place with a ton of stuff on the walls. I want my stairways and hallways lined with photos. For the rest of the house, I want artwork that I am absolutely in love with. I want to love being in every room in my house.

I want at least one room that pays tribute to shabby chic. Maybe a guest room for old ladies? Lol. 

I don't want a large tub with jets. I want an old tub with legs. There is nothing cooler than an old white tub with legs.

More than one deck. I want my master bedroom to have one. I want my kitched/dining area to have one.

I want a place where I can hang a hammock...even if it's indoors. Napping is a large part of my life, thanks to this disease, and I would really love a place to do it comfortably.

My only other requirement? I want this home to be in the mountains of Colorado.


0 comments:

Post a Comment