.

Very. Few. Understand.

Every now and then, I take and process a picture that I absolutely fall in love with. Like, fall in love as in I look at it 100 times a day.

This happened to me today. About 30 minutes ago, in fact.


I love everything about this picture.

The wisps of hair in her face.

The wind.

The hard stare.

The pouty, dried-up lips. 

The evidence of snowfall (see the two flakes?).

The dull, and yet brilliant, colors.

But most people, I know, will probably look at this picture once, and never look at it again. To most, it's just a picture.

Like my husband. When I told him that I loved it - that it was my new favorite photo - he just kind of looked at it in total silence. Like he wasn't sure what he could say without getting into trouble, lol.

So I just looked up at him and said, "Nevermind. I get it. You have no idea what makes a great photo."

Lol.

Of course, he does have an idea. But from a photographer's perspective, the pictures we usually fall in love with are the ones that very few people would actually hang on their living room wall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment