.

Morphine and Pizza.

That was pretty much my cocktail for today - a couple doses of morphine, and a humondo slice of Anthony's cheese pizza.

I'm feeling better. Not a lot better, but better.

I woke up this morning around 8am.

Took my meds. Nearly threw up, and then laid back down.

Some time after that, my morphine kicked in and I was in and out of consciousness until about 3pm.

I can see why morphine is so addictive and hard to come by (we had to drive to more than one pharmacy to finally find one that carried it in stock). It's really a wonderful drug - takes away any pain, helps you sleep, and then leaves you feeling in a bit of a euphoric state.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's even legal. Lol.

So now here I am, it's about 7pm, and after a piece of pizza, I am ready for bed again.

I can walk much better but I still have a lot of pain and swelling.

The majority of the pain now, I think, is that in my lower back and hips. I've been walking so crazy the past few days because of the swelling and tightness in my legs, that I think I tweaked my lower back.

Sigh.

If it's not one thing, it's another, right!?

But, I'll take that over a pulmonary embolism any day. I'm thankful to be alive today - even if my back and legs do feel like they're on fire.

1 comments:

Erica Combs said...

Praying for you, Katie!! Enjoy the morphine :)

Post a Comment