.

Day. Thirteen.

Goals.

How often do people just sit down and really think about their goals? I know there have been times where I have told myself, "I want that," or, "I want to do that." But, I never wrote it down in list format so that I had a visual of all the things that I want to accomplish in this lifetime. But I can think of some obvious ones:

I want to live the rest of my life never having to work for another person besides myself. And I don't count teaching in this. I love to teach. But if I had to hole myself up in an office for 8 hours a day, while someone under-qualified - or at least less qualified than me - barked orders about taking too long of a lunch, or using 12-point font instead of 13-point font in the office memo, or not answering the phones on the second ring - I think I'd shoot myself in the face. Twice.

I want to raise my child[ren] to be loving, respectful, caring individuals. 
(Side note: I just caught my son trying to steal a chocolate candy bar from Walgreens. Maybe I need to work harder.)

I want to make a lot of money doing what I love - photography.

I want to make a lot of money doing what I love because one day, I'd like to help to take care of my parents the way that they have taken care of me.

One of my top goals is to some day own my own studio space, preferably in my home.

I suppose I want to graduate law school. But, eh, I could take it or leave it.

I do, however, want to pass this class. Yep, that's right. I am currently in class. The review for the final exam, to be exact.

Blogging.

Maybe I should get back to paying attention if I have any intention of ever meeting that goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment